Slip and fall or trip and fall incidents often cause severe injuries. In these and other situations, injuries that happen on someone else’s property can lead to complex cases that require extensive investigation. There may be multiple liable parties and we may discover a history of unsafe conditions on the property or on properties with the same owner.
If you have been seriously injured in Las Vegas or elsewhere in Nevada, the lawyers at Adam Smith Law are here to fight for you. We will thoroughly investigate the facts of your case to determine the underlying causes of your injuries and who can be held responsible so you can recover the full compensation you deserve.
Slip, Trip and Fall Injury Claims
Slip, trip and fall injuries are often the result of hazardous conditions that should have been corrected or, at the very least, should have had warning signs. Business and property owners have a duty to maintain a safe environment for their customers, employees, and guests. When a business or landlord fails to keep its premises safe and that failure results in injuries, the business or landlord can be held financially responsible. By filing a slip and fall injury claim, you can recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and the long-term consequences of your injuries. You will also help make our community safer.
Hazards that commonly lead to slip, trip and fall injuries include:
- Spills that are not cleaned up in a timely manner
- Obstacles or debris left in walkways
- Loose or wrinkled rugs or carpeting
- Slick flooring materials
- Lack of warning signs for any hazard
- Damaged flooring
- Damaged stairs
- Uneven stairs
- Missing or damaged stair railings
- Missing or damaged balcony railings
- Uneven floors
- Tripping hazards, such as cords or cables, across walkways
- Slippery residues left on floors after cleaning
- Leaking refrigeration or air conditioning units
- Slick mold overgrowth due to filthy conditions
- Damaged or uneven sidewalks
- Damaged parking lot or parking structure surfaces
- Malfunctioning elevator, escalator or moving sidewalk
- Inadequate lighting
- Poorly designed walkways and parking lots
Businesses have an obligation to provide a safe environment for their customers. Many businesses fail at this requirement. Sometimes a business will have a history of similar problems, but take no action. Other times businesses will know of dangers in the area, but they do not take steps to protect their own customers. Every business is different, and the security requirements of each are unique. We will work to find out about prior warnings and other safety issues at nearby businesses to find who is responsible for your injuries. Do not believe a person who directly hurt you is the only responsible. If the business you were in could have prevented your injuries or the death of your loved one, we will hold them accountable.
Negligent security can result from:
- Failure to provide security guards
- Poorly trained security guards
- Inadequate lighting and surveillance
- Lack of warnings to customers
- Failure to stop an incident that has already begun
- Not calling the police when a danger is present
- Allowing dangerous persons on the premises
Elevator Injury Claims
Injuries caused by elevator malfunction can be the result of inadequate maintenance or a defective elevator. Elevator injuries can be very serious and may result in broken bones as well as amputations and decapitation.
Elevator malfunctions can include:
- Elevator doors will not open, sometimes trapping passengers for hours
- Entrapment between wall of elevator and shaft
- Doors close on a person entering or exiting elevator
- Doors open onto empty shaft
- Doors open when elevator car is not level with floor
- Elevator car begins moving when it should not, such as when doors are open
- Sudden acceleration or deceleration
- Sudden, rapid drop of elevator
Swimming Pool Injury Lawsuits
Swimming pool injuries are not limited to drowning and near-drowning. Poor maintenance of pool areas and pools themselves, and malfunctioning pool equipment and parts can lead to a wide variety of injuries. Swimming pool injuries can include:
- Traumatic brain injury due to slip and fall
- Spinal cord injury due to slip and fall
- Traumatic brain injury and/or spinal cord injury in diving accident
- Brain injury due to lack of oxygen in near-drowning
- Disembowelment, strangulation, and or injuries to hands, feet and limbs in pool drain entrapment
- Recreational water illnesses
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured on another person’s property in Las Vegas or anywhere in Nevada, please call Adam Smith Law at 702-929-2289 or email us to schedule your free consultation.
We represent seriously injured victims in complex cases and we fight for justice for our clients. Please call us today.