Motorcycle crash cases present unique challenges and require knowledge and experience that goes beyond the skill-sets and experience of many personal injury lawyers who don’t litigate complex cases. If you were seriously injured in a motorcycle wreck, your attorney needs to have an in-depth understanding of a number of issues, from complex injury claims to how motorcycle crashes happen and the underlying factors that may have led to your wreck.
Adam rides, and he understands the excitement of the open road as well as the hidden dangers that can cause a crash. He understands factors that those who do not ride cannot grasp. He also understands the bias you may have faced as a motorcycle rider and you will face in the courtroom, and he knows how to counter it. Adam also knows motorcycle riders are the safest and most alert drivers on the roadway. He will help you explain that to insurance companies and juries.
Motorcycle crashes are no accident. Adam Smith Law is here to fight for the full compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Driver Negligence in Motorcycle Crashes
In motorcycle collisions involving other vehicles, a negligent driver is often to blame. This applies in cases where there is a collision with another vehicle and in cases where the other vehicle does not make contact with your motorcycle, but the driver forced you to make evasive maneuvers that led to a crash. Examples of driver negligence that commonly cause motorcycle collisions include:
- Following too closely
- Turning into the path of the motorcycle and violating the motorcyclist’s right of way
- Lane change into the motorcycle
- Lane change that forces motorcyclist to make evasive maneuvers resulting in a crash
Drivers must pay attention and watch for motorcycles. Even in with the public awareness campaigns in recent years, many drivers still do not and the common claim when they cause a crash is that they did not see the motorcycle. This is not a valid excuse.
Challenges for Motorcycle Crash Victims
Motorcycle crash lawsuits can be very complex and challenging. Adam Smith Law never shies away from complex litigation. In fact, other firms often refer the complex cases to us because they know we have the ability to handle those cases and we have a reputation of success.
Motorcycle crash cases often involve challenges including:
- Severe injuries, often including multiple severe injuries
- Bias against riders that may have affected your care on the scene, the police report, witness testimony and how you will be seen in court
- Lack of witnesses
- Unreliable witnesses who do not understand how the crash happened
- Crash victims with no memory of the collision or events leading to it due to brain injuries
- Jurors who do not understand how and why motorcycle crashes happen
Single Vehicle Motorcycle Crashes
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a single vehicle motorcycle crash, we can thoroughly investigate to determine if there was truly no other vehicle involved and the underlying cause of your crash. First, we have to determine if another driver forced you off the road or actually hit your bike and fled the scene.
Single vehicle motorcycle crashes can also be caused by motorcycle defects or roadway defects. Motorcycle defects that can lead to a crash include:
- Design defect
- Frontend wobble
- Faulty tire
- Brake defects
- Handlebar defect
- Defect in fuel tank causing a leak and sometimes leading to fuel-fed fire and worse injuries
- Electrical system defect causing engine stall
Roadway defects that can cause a motorcycle crash include:
- Excess sand or gravel left on road
- Other debris or obstacles that are not removed in a timely fashion
- Road damage including pot holes
- Dangerous roadway or intersection design
- Improperly banked curves
- Inaccurate, missing, or obscured signs
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Poorly placed traffic cones and construction signs
In addition to roadway defects that can cause crashes, some defects cause injuries to be worse in a crash. Examples include:
- Lack of or faulty breakaway devices on poles and posts
- Damaged or missing guardrails
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle collision in Las Vegas or anywhere in Nevada, please call the experienced motorcycle accident attorneys of Adam Smith Law at 702-929-2289or email us to schedule your free consultation.
We represent seriously injured victims in complex cases and we fight for justice for our clients. Please call us today.