There’s nothing like the freedom of hitting the open road with your motorcycle of choice. When an accident sets you back, however, a motorcycle accident lawyer in Henderson is there for you.
Motorcycle accidents can cause serious injuries. When your injuries are caused by the carelessness of someone else, a Henderson motorcycle accident lawyer can fight for you.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Henderson
A motorcycle accident has the potential to be catastrophic. When you’re riding a motorcycle around Henderson, it’s important to take extra precautions to make sure you arrive at your destination safely.
Motorcyclists aren’t protected by the metal cages that surround most other drivers on the road. Furthermore, due to the smaller size of motorcycles compared to other vehicles on the road, it’s possible for drivers to miss motorcyclists while scanning the road in front of and around them. In that regard, motorcyclists are called on to be extra careful.
Sometimes, however, you can do everything right and still wind up getting injured in an accident due to the carelessness of another driver on the road or another party. Some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Distracted Driving – Drivers are often sending texts, looking up directions, or changing the song on their favorite streaming apps when they should be paying attention to the road.
- Driving Over the Speed Limit – Rushed drivers or others who simply fail to follow the legal speed limit potentially put others in harm’s way, including motorcycle drivers.
- Blind Spots – Due to the fact that motorcycles are smaller than most other pedestrian vehicles, it’s more likely for a driver to fail to pick them out when merging or changing lanes.
- Driving While Intoxicated – Driving while under the influence of alcohol or an illicit substance is a fateful decision that can have disastrous consequences for the driver and those they share the road with.
We understand that a motorcycle accident can change your life overnight. Fortunately, a motorcycle accident lawyer in Henderson could help you earn a financial settlement for your damages.
What Damages Can I Recover After My Motorcycle Accident?
A motorcycle accident lawsuit is filed with the intention of restoring the accident victim to their pre-accident state, as much as that’s possible. For that reason, accident victims could win damages for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Emotional trauma and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Winning a settlement is never easy. The at-fault driver’s insurance company will usually fight to pay less than you’re really owed for your damages, which is why most motorcycle accident victims can stand to gain from consulting an experienced lawyer in Henderson for their claims.
Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Henderson, Nevada
When it comes to recovering damages for your motorcycle accident, don’t give an insurance company the upper hand. At Adam Smith Law, we have the know-how to take on the insurance company while fighting for a maximum settlement for our clients.
Call 702-929-2289 or fill out our contact form to get your free consultation with a Henderson motorcycle accident lawyer with Adam Smith Law.